April 10, 2010

Hogwarts Flag

When you have a half an hour until the party and a fantastic idea pops into your mind, what do you do?  Ah yes, you use a glue gun and Mod Podge!  This flag was so simple to make, it's ridiculous.  

HOW TO:
I Googled "Hogwarts crest," and found an image that was fairly large.  I opened it in Photoshop, resized it to fit my 8.5x11 Inkjet Fabric Sheets, then printed it.  Then I cut the three pieces of the crest from the sheet.  (Here's where I wished I had iron on fabric sheets!)  I didn't have time to sew the crest onto my black fabric background, so... I Mod Podged it!  I used the Mod Podge as glue, only applying to the back of the printed fabric, so that the crest wouldn't look different on the flag.  I folded my long black fabric in half, then used the glue gun to create a casing along the top (folded edge), where it would hang from the flag pole.  I folded it in half lengthwise, cut a triangle from the bottom, opened it up, and hot glued the sides and bottom together.  Basically I used the glue gun in place of my sewing machine, creating the casing and the seam.  I love it when I can cheat on a project and it turns out so well!  What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the how-to! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Harry Potter birthday party and can't wait to use your ideas when planning my son's 8th b-day party this November. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails