April 15, 2010

Hallmark Inspired Winnie the Pooh Plate

I was at Hallmark the other day when I saw the most wonderful collection of Disney things.  They have quotes from Walt Disney, himself, plus quotes from lots of Disney characters, all written on a variety of backgrounds.  My favorite was a quote from Winnie the Pooh--I cannot resist Winnie the Pooh!  The problem was that it cost like $15.  In our household, that's serious dinero.  So my husband said, "Just make it."  Thanks, Honey.  

I used my Silhouette to cut the vinyl, and I found the graphic free online--Perfect!  The plate is from Target and cost me $4.  I love how it turned out.  It's sweet, just like I wanted it to be, but looks sort of fancy too.  And every time I read it, I think about my husband and me.

Yes, I'm aware that some of the letters aren't the right size.  I'll fix it someday, but the vinyl gave me SO MUCH  trouble, so I'm just going to leave it until I'm not tempted to throw it out the window ready to work on it again.

7 comments:

  1. wow, that is gorgeous! you'll seriously have to show me how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the different sized letters and such. It's not perfect, just like Pooh Bear isn't perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the different sized letters too! This is great, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome just like it is. You shouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, go on, throw it out. Throw it my way, please, I just about DIED when I saw this. How absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came upon this and I've got to say that is so beautiful! I am a Christopher Robin collector so in turn I have many Pooh things, that is a great saying and your project is simple but says so much.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails