March 12, 2010

My First Curtains!

Remember this?  I made curtains!  With ruffles!


The pattern I used was from One Yard Wonders.  Super simple.  I really hate gathering, but this went smoothly--I think that they key is to mark your fabric correctly.  I typically make my markings 1" off, although I can't figure out why.  If you check the back of my fabric, you'll see circles and x's and lines, all marking the "right" place.  Hah.  Also, use strong thread.  If your thread breaks while you're gathering, it can be tantrum inducing.  Anyways, I enjoyed making these.  I like them because they aren't just hanging sheets; the ruffle really add some character and style.  Don't they match the wall well too?  I think I'll use my other yard for dish towels and pot holders!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! This project really shows off the cute fabric and the perfect ruffles. :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails