July 4, 2010

Patriotic Serving Tray


I know that the 4th is almost done, but if I post it by midnight, I think it counts, right?  I have been eyeing big and fancy serving trays everywhere I go.  We have a screened porch right off our kitchen and dining room, so I dream of having something lovely on which to carry food to the porch for our picnic dinners.  I'm stingy, though, and am not willing to pay $10 an arm and a leg.  Lucky for me, while wondering the aisles of Target (you know you do it too) the other day, I found a $20 extra-large serving tray that was clearanced down to $4.98!  It was a bit scratched up and one of the handles was loose, but it was nothing a little Gorilla Glue couldn't fix!  Perfect!  I headed to our local Dollar Tree to check out their Patriotic Decor, and fell in love with two gift bags.  I cut them to pieces, patchworked them onto the tray, then Mod Podged the heck out of them.  What do you think?

Before
After

We used the tray tonight for a big BBQ that we hosted and it was just right!  Hurray!

1 comment:

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails